After a very successful week last November, the time has come for ‘Festival of Pig’ to return.
This 5 day event is our Graduate Chef, Matthew Brook’s final assessment project, working towards his level 5 qualification in Hospitality Management in The Restaurant at Tante Marie.
In the spring, Matt was tasked with sourcing a pig from a local farm with the aim of using its every cut to create a ‘guest’ menu for The Restaurant.
This week Matthew arranged for his Saddleback pig to be butchered in a live demonstration at the Academy. Master butcher, Ian Wood skillfully broke down the carcass into its individual cuts, while sharing his wealth of knowledge with the audience.
Now for the best bit! From Thursday 30 June to Sunday 3 July, Matthew will be leading our talented team of Cordon Bleu graduates in creating a mouth-watering menu for all of our restaurant guests to enjoy.
Our magnificent Piggy Feast includes:
- Pea and mint soup with crispy pig ears £5.50
- Raised pork pie with pineapple chutney £7.00
- Crispy pig head croquettes with caramelised apple puree and black pudding £6.50
- Sweet potato and pulled pork hash with fried duck egg £6.50
- Crispy pork belly with celeriac remoulade, black pudding, and apple puree £16.50
- Pulled pork in a brioche bun, crackling and apple sauce £14.50
- Coffee rubbed pork tenderloin, crispy new potatoes, mixed leaf salad with watermelon rind relish £16.95
- Bacon and leek pie with colcannon mash, seasonal vegetables and cider sauce £14.50
- Gammon steaks with, triple cooked chips, pickled onion rings, BBQ sauce and a fried egg £16.95
For more information and to book your table, please call The Restaurant on 01483 724173.