If you are passionate about food and want to take your cooking to the next level, we offer a wide range of exciting and inspirational Lifestyle Courses ranging from 1 and 2 day courses covering specialist subjects, to our 4 week Essential Skills course and 1 term Cordon Bleu Certificate course.
These cooking courses are suitable for all ages (over 16) and all abilities! Courses are taught in small groups, with lots of personal attention and dedication to your enjoyment.
FAQ's on our Lifestyle Cooking Courses
1 and 2 day Courses
- Learn new skills in a hands-on environment
- Courses covering a wide range of different subjects
- Opportunity to build a portfolio of culinary skills
- Take home delicious food, created by you, for family and friends
Beginners courses (1 and 2 weeks)
- An introduction to good food and healthy eating
- Popular with those wanting to take their home cooking to the next level
- Cover a range of key skills taken from our longer 4 week Essential Skills course
- Learn a range of life skills
4 week Essential Skills Course
- Level 2 Award in Culinary Skills qualification
- Excellent for anyone wanting to learn essential cookery skills
- Perfect for inexperienced cooks who want to improve their skills
- Demonstrations and practical classes
- Build confidence in the kitchen
- Improve organisational skills, multi-tasking, think on your feet and wow your guests with your culinary prowess!
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Cordon Bleu Certificate (1 term)
- Internationally recognised qualification
- Learn a complete range of foundation skills across every area of cookery
- Demonstrations, theory and practical classes
- Full day wine course taught by Master of Wine John Downes
- CIEH Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Contemporary and traditional recipes
- Can form the foundations for a career in food
- Qualifies those with no previous experience to take our Intensive Cordon Bleu Diploma
- Continuous assessment, practical and theory exams
Our ever popular Easy Entertaining cooking course returns in 2014 with an exciting and fun fresh look. Through the days you will enjoy short demonstrations together with practical classes and lunch with a glass of wine.
Invite some friends over for dinner on the Friday evening because at the end of the course, you will take home the food you have cooked - a fabulous, easy yet impressive three course meal for four people!
Following the huge success of this course in previous years, we are running it again in 2014 - enjoy a morning masterclass by our fabulous fishmonger, Ron Fowler. Ron will demonstrate a range of filleting techniques as well as sharing his incredible wealth of knowledge and experience about all things fishy.
Enjoy a beautiful lunch prepared by our own staff, and then get into the kitchens to put what you have seen in the morning into practice, filleting a range of fish and creating dishes to take home at the end of the day!
Following the success of this course in 2013, specialist butcher Ian Wood returns to team up with our own amazing staff to demonstrate a range of exciting meat curing and preserving techniques - learn how to make your own pancetta, bacon and even chorizo and much more!
Our 'Men Only!' course is now in its 7th successful year and is as popular as ever. Give the man in your life a gift he will never forget - a day of inspirational cooking training with the professionals! The day starts with coffee and a light breakfast while watching a cooking demonstration, followed by a day of fun in the kitchens - cooking lunch which will be enjoyed with a glass of wine and then taking home a selection of goodies to wow your family!
Our bread making courses are always a firm favourite, and our 1 day bread workshop is a must for those with an interest in the arts of baking beautiful breads. During this two day course you will learn a wide range of breads from the most simple but delicious soda bread and simple yeast dough to the complex art of creating a starter which you can nurture and maintain, to use in your own sourdough recipes in the future.
Tante Marie Culinary Academy are delighted to support LinkABLE - this wonderful Woking based charity enables those with learning disabilities to develop their potential and enjoy socially inclusive, fulfilled lives.
All proceeds from this event go directly to LinkABLE. Come and watch an inspirational morning of cooking by our fabulous team. At the end of the demonstration there will be a raffle with a range of exciting prizes, kindly donated by local organisations. You could even take away the demonstration food, packaged up and ready to serve to guests at home for dinner that evening!
There is no doubt that macarons are the morsel of the moment! Go to any Parisian patisserie and you will see thousands of these delicious treats arranged into an array of glorious technicolour. On this cooking course we will show you how to make a wide variety of different macarons of various flavours and striking colours. At the end of the day you will have a box of beautiful delights to take home and wow your friends and family. Making macarons requires dexterity and skill and can be tricky! Take up the challenge with this inspirational day of baking!